So, a few more phony identities in use by the Data Champions India-based spam / scam group and similar email list scams… Sometimes these scammers even claim in their spam that they are an “DMA Approved Organization.” However, you won’t find any information on the phony companies or phony employee names used to sign many of these scam emails:
– from their expurgates.net spam server at 220.127.116.11 (hosted at softlayer.com of course!)
- Brad Simpson: email@example.com. Signed “866-978-8389, Softbizleads (no such company).” This phone number has been used in past spam signed with fake identities like firstname.lastname@example.org (“OW Group”), email@example.com (“Strategic Marketing Group”), firstname.lastname@example.org (“GlobalBizLeads – OW Group”), email@example.com (“Strategic Marketing Group “)
- Ashley Lewis: firstname.lastname@example.org (“Business Consultant,” no phone number)
- Sara Jones: email@example.com (“IT Security Technology Lists Specialist, Info dmail – Data Division,” no phone number)
- Anna Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org (“Online Marketing Consultant,” no phone number)
- Rene Miller: email@example.com (“Technology Database Specialist,” Technology Data Division,” 866-978-8534). Phone number used in other spam from bogus identities like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teresa: email@example.com (“Technology Data consultant “)
- Samantha Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org (other fake edatabuy.com addresses in use include email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). And don’t forget about the similar-sounding databuy.net scam domain! (e.g. email@example.com)
- Then there’s the firstname.lastname@example.org identity (“Tara Hudson, Online Marketing Coordinator”)
- and… email@example.com (“Melinda Williams,” Client Services, Cant Find Data.Inc (non-existent company, of course), 281-619-7003). Also mailed from their blazeconsrvr.com [18.104.22.168] spam server, hosted at rapidvps.com (cheap, spammer-friendly web hosting)
A few of the anonymous spam servers (usually with bland, innocuous-sounding names) sending out these spams with fake signatures include:
- inforelaymedia.com / inforelaysrvr.biz
- email-runner.com (or smart-runner.com)
More fake email address and anonymous spam servers selling email lists:
- John Reeves: firstname.lastname@example.org. Signed “3022518220.” Mailed from their spam server at spammer-friendly bodhost.com (vps27033.bodhost.com ([22.214.171.124]).
- Valeria D’Souza: email@example.com. Spam mailed from their eappserver.net [126.96.36.199], also hosted at spammer-friendly rapidvps.com
- Bruce Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org. Signed “Bruce Wilson, Business Development Coordinator.” Spam mailed from google.com [188.8.131.52].
- Samantha Taylor: email@example.com. Spam mailed from their novamailsys.biz spam server at 184.108.40.206, also hosted at spammer-friendly rapidvps.com
- Heather Bradford: firstname.lastname@example.org. Signed “Heather Bradford, Marketing Manager, ADB Solution” and mailed from their spam server at mysitehosted.com at 220.127.116.11.
- Trish Samson: email@example.com. Signed “Trish Samson, Marketing Consultant, Marketerslogic.” 206-309-9007. This phone number has also been used in spam signed:
- Karen Brown: (Marketing Consultant, Marketoneresearch, firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com)
- Emily Walton: (firstname.lastname@example.org, Sales Consultant, Salesline Concept, phony address)
- email@example.com, “Prospect business leads,” Signed Jessica Bryant, Lead-Gen Manager, no company name. Mail: Datacenter – 4171 East 16th Street. Des Moines, IA 50321.” This is just an anonymous postal-box service address; they have no real office here.
- Lisa Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org). Signed “Online Marketing Executive, Optin Prospect, Inc, 302-648-6333 (a phone number used in previous spam with fake senders like email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)”
- Emily Watson (email@example.com). Almost the same spam as “Lisa Brown,” above; also, we mentioned a different phony Emily Walton signature higher-up on this page.