New domain names, new fake company names and new fake employee names are constantly appearing in new spam selling B2B email-address lists from the India-based Data Champions and similar spam and scam groups.
Here are a few recent identities we’ve been seeing in this kind of spam recently
Spam claims to be from “Pro-target Data Inc,” but we found no record of any such company and there is no web site at protargetdata.com, as expected. A so-called Jenessa Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org) with no contact information except the spam email address claims to be “Business Development Executive.” She most likely does not exist.
Spam mailed from a known anonymous Data Champions spam domain: activeapps.biz [126.96.36.199] (not to be confused with their activeappsrvr.com spam server).
No web site, no company name, no contact info, anonymous domain registration. Spam simply signed “Eric Scott, List expert.” Spam mailed from a Google mail server, so there’s no point reporting it.
American Accurate Data Inc. (aadatabizleads.com / aadatainc.com)
Spam signed Sandra Wilson (LOL). They’ve used that name before in spam signed email@example.com (“Sandra Wilson, Online marketing manager, Flmails Inc (302) 409-0344”). Interestingly, that phone number has been seen also in spam signed “Kristen Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org), Online Marketing Manager, Leadsinfo, Inc, (302) 409-0344.” Apparently more non-existent companies.
Other “Wilson” addresses we’ve seen in similar spam are:
- John Wilson (John.Wilson@cert1fy1.com), no company name
- Tom Wilson (Tom.Wilson@dt5ls.com), no company name
- Sophie Wilson (email@example.com). mailed from their anonymous eappcluster.com spam server [188.8.131.52]
- Gloria Wilson, Business Development Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org / intelserver.biz)
- Megan Wilson (email@example.com), Senior Marketing Manager, Cyscoemail Services Pvt Ltd (non-existent company) – We Create Opportunities! 1211 Louisiana Street, Harwick, Pennsylvania, USA 15001 (non-existent address)
- Nelly Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Marketing Manager, Phone:267-274-2163, Elettermails Services (non-existent company) – We Create Opportunities! 1211 Louisiana Street, Harwick, Pennsylvania, USA 15001 (same non-existent address as above Wilson spam mail)
- Bruce Wilson, Business Development Coordinator, no company name (email@example.com)
- Jeanne Wilson, Business Consultant, no company name (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Debbie Wilson, Market Research Consultant, no company name (email@example.com)
- Kate Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Technology Data Specialist, Primary Data Group (non-existent company), 866-978-1013, Church Street 7th Floor, New York 10007
- Randy Wilson (email@example.com), BlueBase Group / Database Media
- and many more …
Back to “Sandra Wilson.” Spam is signed “Business Development Coordinator” (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been sent from a Google mail server. aadatabizleads.com has no web site, but its sister domain, aadatainc.com, does have a web site. Of course it has no contact info. Some of the text on the aadatainc.com web site also appears on the tlclists.com web site (another spammy site selling email addresses).
The tlclists.com web site does boast contact addresses in Los Angeles and Omaha, but if you look them up, you’ll find that they are the locations of mailbox rentals, which is usually the case for these spam-n-scam operations.
Another apparent non-company with no contact info. Spam signed Lynn Rigaud (email@example.com)